DeAtramentis Document Inks - testing the inks for sketching and painting

I got a collection of DeAtramentis Document Inks from The Goulet Pen Company and decided to test them out. Here I tested the DeAtramentis Document Inks for sketching and painting. In my Noodler's Ahab pens, the ink flows very nicely and dries quickly. This in important since I use them with watercolors. The inks mixed very well together allowing you to make custom colors like I did for the purple and brown. I am using my Sillman & Birn Beta sketchbook.

Painting with the inks worked out very well in that they flow smoothly from the brush and you can add water to thin or feather the color while it is still wet on the paper. The inks are permanent when dry on paper. The only water colors use in the sketch above are in the colors of the Ahab pens and the shadows. All the rest of the colors are the Inks.

I also used the inks with a dip pen and love the flow from the tip. Using a dip pen makes it super easy change colors. 

Getting these Inks is a challenge since they are in demand and are made by hand from Germany in small batches. I still would like to get the Brown they make and will have to wait until it is back in stock. for more extensive testing and mixing of these Inks, check out Jane Blundel's blog. To get your hand on some of these inks, visit The Goulet Pen Company .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBS BootKamp

Poppy for Peace!