Breakfast practice


So after going through the Sketchbook Skool classes, Liz Steel's Sketching Now course, and recently reading Danny Gregory's new book, Art Before Breakfast, I have finally embraced letting go of perfection and just have fun drawing. It is hard to let go of wanting to include every detail accurately and paint the colors perfectly when I sketch. So today, I brave ignoring "the monkey" and sketch my breakfast. I forged on quickly creating this sketch as fast as I could not concerning myself with perfection. And then have the nerve to post it. Liberating to say the least! I will be embracing this new way of working and see where my art with the "a" goes.

I also got to try out my new M. Graham watercolors and De Atrementis document black ink. Both were fabulous and I will have to play around some more with these as Liz teaches "getting to know your materials"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBS BootKamp

Poppy for Peace!